Wyoming Oil & Gas Facts
- Wyoming had 660 million barrels of proven oil reserves in 2011, which accounted
for 2.5 percent of the U.S. total reserves. (EIA, 2014)
- Wyoming’s 2011 dry natural gas reserves of 35,290 billion cubic feet of dry natural gas accounted for 10.6 percent of the U.S. total reserves. (EIA, 2014)
Wyoming oil & gas employment
- Wyoming’s oil and gas industry employed more than 25,400 people in 2012, an almost
59 percent increase from 2002.
- The average 2012 salary of Wyoming oil and gas workers was $56,277.
- The total wages paid to all oil and gas employees in 2012 was $1,434,497,749.
(Note: all employment information from Tony Glover, Research & Planning, Wyoming Department of Workforce Services, custom extract from Wyoming’s Wage Records Database, 06/17/2013)
Oil and gas prices
For information on historical, current, and future prices, please refer to the following:
- EIA short-term energy outlook and price forecast
- EIA Wyoming crude oil first purchase prices by month/year
- EIA WTI spot prices by month/year
- EIA Daily spot and retail prices
- EIA Henry Hub spot and futures prices
- NGI Opal spot prices